The SportsAid Vault Podcast, produced by Hogarth Worldwide and Gramercy Park Studios, is here to bring you insight and inspiration from the country’s most talented young athletes!
Each guest will open up their own ‘personal vault’ as they reveal the secrets to their success and how their age-group level achievements led to them making their mark in the senior ranks. We will also hear about each guest’s first steps into their sport, the importance of family, challenges they’ve faced, future ambitions and the ‘person behind the athlete’.
Each episode will contain a themed discussion, specifically based around the guest’s unique experiences, where they will offer practical advice, different approaches and alternative ways of thinking which have proved effective in their careers so far. There will also be a quickfire Q&A covering a range of topics, inside sport and out, allowing us to get to know them better!
Co-hosted by Tom Gayle, BBC sports presenter, commentator and reporter, and Dominic Mensah, current Great Britain tumbling sensation, the podcast is perfect listening for SportsAid athletes, as well as their parents and guardians, but will also be highly informative and entertaining for all of the charity’s commercial partners, supporters and fundraisers.
The SportsAid Vault Podcast kicked off in style with Viddal Riley, a professional cruiserweight boxer signed to Mayweather Promotions, joining us for a bumper double episode. Viddal represented Team GB at the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games. He was a decorated amateur boxer with an impressive eight national titles and European silver to his name.
Viddal has a huge social media presence with over 1.1 million subscribers on YouTube and more than 600,000 followers on Instagram. The 23-year-old famously trained YouTube star KSI as he overcame Logan Paul in a rematch which generated huge pay-per-view numbers worldwide. Viddal, under the name RIL, also writes and produces his own rap music.
• Early inspirations and the influence of his parents growing up
• Progressing through the amateur ranks and his experiences at West Ham ABC
• Representing Team GB at the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games
• Realising his talent and his dad pushing him to be the best he can be
• Turning professional with Mayweather Promotions after Las Vegas trip with KSI
• Dealing with injury setbacks and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020
• Growth of his YouTube channel and social media following
• Following passions outside of boxing to create right balance in life
• Writing and producing his own music and launching clothing line
• Importance of being authentic to build a loyal and devoted audience
• Being a public figure and the challenges which come as a direct result
• Years of consistent dedication to his craft which led to training KSI